Look up your property with our online mapping tool
Conservation Halton now has online mapping which shows the Approximate Regulations Limit (ARL) throughout our watershed. The ARL mapping will allow you to look up your property and see if it may be within or near a regulated area under Ontario Regulation 162/06, (please read the Disclaimer below).
Permission is required from Conservation Halton to:
- Develop in or adjacent to a regulated area;
- Alter a creek, stream or watercourse; or
- Interfere with a wetland.
If your property is within areas regulated by Conservation Halton and you want to do any construction or development on it, you will need a permit. This is in addition to a building permit or other approvals from your municipality. Go to our Permits page for more information on how to apply for a permit.
How our Online Mapping works
Looking up your property is fairly simple, please follow these steps:
- Click the button below to go to Conservation Halton’s online mapping portal after reading the Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions.
- Type your address into the box in the top right hand corner, where it says “Find address or place”
- The yellow lines on the map show Conservation Halton’s Approximate Regulation Limit, if the property is within or near the yellow lines it is likely regulated
Remember, the map lines are approximate and there may be some regulated areas which not have been mapped. It is always best to contact Conservation Halton first to confirm if you do require a permit. You can send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 905-336-1158,
- Hamilton, Puslinch and Burlington: Ben Davis, ext. 2278
- Oakville, Halton Hills, Mississauga and Milton: Laura Head, ext. 2333
- Properties on the Lake Ontario Shoreline: Charles Priddle, ext. 2276
- General Inquiries: Michelle Caissie, ext. 2227
Disclaimer: The text of the Regulation takes precedence over the Approximate Regulation Limit. Some regulated features may not appear on the Approximate Regulation Limit mapping. This mapping should be used for information purposes only. The data displayed are derived from sources with different accuracies and all boundaries should therefore be considered approximate. Data on this map is used under license and is protected by copyright for different organizations, including but not limited to Teranet Enterprises Inc. and other agencies.
Terms and Conditions: Conservation Halton makes this Licensed Product, Online Mapping, available “As is”, “As available” and “With all faults” without representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, currency, merchantability, fitness for purpose, title or otherwise. As the User you are considered a Licensee and may not transfer, sublicense, sell (commercially or privately), loan, or disclose Licensed Products or otherwise transfer Licensed Products to any third party. The Licensee acknowledges that all maps generated from the website are copyrighted and must not be altered in any way. The Licensee may not use the Data or Third Party Data to create any derivate products, in whoe or part, without express written consent from Conservation Halton. Conservation Halton does not assume any liability with respect to the contents and accuracy thereof of any derivative products.
Copyright Conservation Halton, June 2016.